This is the opportunity I take to share a summary of my words, some of the words of others that I find inspiring, an image, and some fun facts about who is reading! You can read the first missive here. And see a list of all the missives here.
This is the place we dream, and wander, and imagine. This is the place we hope and plan. This is the place we question and laugh and doubt. This is the place we mourn and rejoice.
This is the place we bask in the sun and shelter in the shade.
This is the place we write, create, make and imagine.
It’s a small world!
This past six months has seen travel to Texas, Georgia, South Carolina, New Jersey, New York and around New Mexico. We are planning travels in Colorado, Arizona, Ohio, and Calfornia, Washington D.C, and some more explorations of New Mexico before the year is out.
I often post instagram images from our travel adventures – you can follow these glimpses here.
- Military Spouse of the Year 2016
- Stepping toward life goals: starting to run the PhD marathon again
- Spousebox in July: lessons from a monthly box startup
- Snail Mail Delight: SpouseBox
- Dear Kat – On Boozy Strawberries
- From Trash to Treasure: the Dumpster Dresser
- State of the Union
- Planning to succeed
- Stepping Up: the first 90 days
- Gear Reviews: Why being thoughtfully critical is what the rest of us need
- Light at night: headlamps on the trail
- Looking toward the 2016 Leadville Trail Marathon
- Learning how to crew for an ultra
Books that look interesting
Marilynne Robinson, Lila
Kristine Schellhaas, 15 Years of War
Sheryl Sandberg, Lean In
“So our mothers and grandmothers have more often than not anonymously handed on the creative spark, the seed of the flower they themselves never hoped to see.” – Alice Walker
Listening. Observing. Participating. Writing. Photographing. Reflecting.
Anna Blanch Rabe is an Australian-born writer and photographer. You can follow her adventures on Not A Pedestrian Life, or Facebook. More of her photography can be viewed here. For more of her writing take a look at Quotidian Home or her previous website, Goannatree. She works as the Executive Director of a non profit which serves children and families who are navigating the court system as a result of abuse or neglect.