Checklists are about making your life easier! Let’s talk about things to consider when writing recruiting advertisements or online job advertisements.
- Design elements need to reflect the personality and culture of your company.
- Use clear and easy to read text and graphics.
- Consider including a code on the advertisement that will allow you to track where an applicant saw your advertisement – this can help with tracking and then streamlining your marketing and recruiting dollars.
- Use Bold text or CAPITALS judiciously.
- Use your company logo on the advertisement
When writing the advertisement content:
- State educational requirements
- List specific skills needed
- List work experience required
- State location of office or business and state whether relocation is necessary
- Indicate whether the job requires regular travel
- State whether you are willing to provide training.
- Indicate if benefits are part of the package
- Include email address or phone number to contact for questions – and a way to obtain a copy of the full job description
Do Not include:
- references to age or sex or use any other language that could be read as discriminatory
- hourly pay rate.
I hope the job advertisement writing checklist is helpful for you! Be sure to check out the resource directory for more useful resources.
Speaker. Reader. Thinker. Writer. Traveler. Advocate
Anna Blanch Rabe, founder of Anna Blanch Rabe & Associates, has been working with Social Enterprises, socially-responsible businesses, educational institutions, and non-profit organizations since 2006 to develop and effectively execute strategic, digital, and narrative initiatives to gain exposure, develop community- capacity, attract talent, and reach new customers. Anna is an Australian-born speaker, writer and advocate. Connect with Anna on Instagram, facebook page, & Twitter.
Have you checked out EMPOWER, our monthly e-Newsletter? Sign up here to have this valuable resource delivered directly to your inbox: http://eepurl.com/bRhGkH