This missive is the opportunity I take to share a summary of my words, some of the words of others that I find inspiring, an image, and some fun facts about who is reading! You can read the first missive here. And see a list of all the missives here.
This is the place that we meet. Under the goanna tree.
This is the place we dream, and wander, and imagine. This is the place we hope and plan. This is the place we question and laugh and doubt. This is the place we mourn and rejoice.
This is the place we bask in the sun and shelter in the shade.
This is the place we write, create, make and imagine.
It’s a small world!
We’re planning a couple of adventures! It’s going to be some time before we can put these plans in place – there’ll be quite a bit of local Texas and New Mexico adventures planned for 2014.
From the Baltic to the Mediterranean
Adventure around America (via Amtrak)
This solo adventure will give me the opportunity to explore the sights of the USA from the window of an Amtrak train. Now if only Amtrak were still doing their Writer in residence program!
I often post instagram images from our travel adventures – you can follow these glimpses here.
My words – Missive
- The Murphy’s Law of International Removals
- Riddling and Diversions
- Exploring Newcastle
- A jaunt northward
- Ultimate Guide: Newcastle and Hunter Valley Markets
- It’s not New, and It’s not Mexico
- When the world turns upside down
- The Trail of Tears
- Things to Do in New Mexico
- When being In limbo is a gift
- Land of the Free?: Meditations on being an immigrant
- The Green Card Club
- On conducting an archaelogical dig of your own life
- I say y’all and you can judge me if you like
- The hardest and most heartbreaking part of being an expat
- Another day, Another hill to harbour 10k
- when I enter my husband in races without talking to him first
- Approaching Kitchen Stadium with Wonder
- What My Grandmother Taught me About Living and Dying Well
- For those times when you or someone who love gets hit by a bus
- 31 days to making a house a home!
- Ashes to ashes
- Empty Shelf Challenge: 2015
Books that look interesting
Ana White, The Handbuilt Home: 34 Simple Stylish and Budget-Friendly Woodworking Projects for Every Room
Preston Yancey, Tables in the Wilderness: A Memoir of God Found, Lost, and Found Again
Rachel Held Evans, Searching for Sunday: Loving, Leaving, and Finding the Church
Anne Lamott, Stitches: A Handbook on Meaning, Hope and Repair
Matthew Paul Turner, Our Great Big American God: A Short History of Our Ever-Growing Deity
“It’s never too late to do the brave thing.” ~ Crossing Jordan
Listening. Observing. Participating. Writing. Photographing. Reflecting.
Join me on Facebook Chat with me on Twitter Connect on Instagram
Sign up for Overland From Oz Updates More Photography
Anna Blanch Rabe is an Australian-born writer and photographer. You can follow her adventures on Not A Pedestrian Life, or Facebook. More of her photography can be viewed here. For more of her writing take a look at Quotidian Home or her previous website, Goannatree.